- Located in the School of Business at the University of Kansas
- Founded in 1992 by Professor Renate Mai-Dalton who was the Director through Spring 2006
- Director Fall 2006 through present: Professor Bob Augelli
- Number of Students in the Program Fall 2016: 43
- Range of Composite ACT scores at the time of admission: 19-30
- Supported by corporations and individual donors.
- Average number of hours scholars work per week: 10
A Program with Real Results
One of the first things students notice about the Multicultural Business Scholars Program is the supportive atmosphere. One-on-one meetings, tutoring sessions, business presentations by corporate sponsors and social events all work in tandem to keep scholars academically on track, a fact readily reflected in their performance. In the last four semesters, our scholars have achieved program’s highest cumulative grade point averages (GPA) in our 26-year history: Spring 15 and Fall 15 semesters were both 3.32, and spring and Fall 2016 semester’s record breaking 3.38 GPA!
Additionally, the MBSP assists scholars in their quest to carve out a niche in business fields where people of color have historically been underrepresented. The majority of our graduates are now employed in excellent positions nationwide, while many have gone on to earn MBAs, Masters of Accounting, and law degrees.
“MBSP is the best helping program I’m in. The support is the best thing about it. Its setting me up for the future.”
- De’Andre Steele
“The MBSP means a lot to me. I don’t think I would be able to afford school and do so well academically without all the help and support from the MBSP.”
“The MBSP is a connection to students like me who are going through the same adversities as a multicultural business student. It is the support I receive both emotionally and financially from MBSP that encourage me to succeed.”